What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file, this is stored in the web browser of your computer, smartphone, iPad or whatever else you go online with. Cookies make it possible to identify your computer, etc. and gather information about your online behavior, including which pages and features are visited with your browser, as well as ensure that it works technically. In some cases, cookies are necessary to make a website work as intended. A cookie is static and cannot spread computer viruses or otherwise distribute malicious programs. It is anonymous and does not contain any personal data. Cookies are used by virtually all websites.
Types of cookies
There are two types of cookies: Session cookies and permanent cookies. Session cookies are automatically deleted from the browser when you close it. Permanent cookies are stored on your device for a certain period of time after which they expire.
A distinction is also made between first-party cookies and third-party cookies. First-party cookies are set by the website you visit, third-party cookies are put by a third party who has elements embedded on the website you are visiting. Third-party cookies are set up by web analytics programs such as Google Analytics and WebTrends.
Cookies on holdon.dk
None - list common cookies
How do you avoid or delete cookies
If you do not want cookies from holdon.dk you can always block all cookies, delete existing cookies on your computer or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. All browsers allow you to delete cookies individually or all at once. How you do this depends on which browser you're using. Follow the links below to get guides for your browser. Keep in mind that if you use multiple browsers, delete cookies in all of them.
- Instructions for deleting cookies on Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Instructions for deleting cookies on Safari browser
- Instructions for deleting cookies on Google Chrome browser
- Instructions for deleting cookies on Mozilla Firefox browser
- Instructions for deleting cookies from Android phones
- Instructions for deleting cookies on opera browser
- Instructions for deleting cookies on iPad, iPhone, iPod touch
- Instructions for deleting cookies from Windows Phone
- Instructions for deleting cookies from Windows Phone 7
What happens if you don't accept or delete cookies
If you choose to block all cookies or delete existing cookies on your computer, you can still read text on holdon.dk. However, there may be features and services you cannot use because they assume that the site can remember the choices you make.